Resources & Books
Books & Subscription Resources
- Val co-authored 2 books on Christian Spiritual Discernment. Living into the Answers: A Workbook for Personal Spiritual Discernment & Listen for God's Leading: A Workbook for Corporate Spiritual Discernment. Both books are "how to" books leading the individual or group through a step by step process of discernment.
- Val's digital photo book Meditation on Both Sides of the Camera leads an individual through the process of photography as a spiritual practice. The books is for anyone interested in photography. Meditation on Both Sides of the Camera is available on Amazon & Upper Room Books.
- Self directed classes -- follow Val's instructions and work through classes at your own pace. Currently there are 2 classes. Spirituality and Photography leads you through Val's book Meditation on Both Sides of the Camera and includes material not found in the book. Journaling with your Camera combines the visual aspect of photography with Journaling.
- Group on-line classes -- Val offers several classes on-line in a group setting through Be A Disciple. See classes for more information.
Subscriptions will offer daily or weekly focus photo ideas to add a sense of mindfulness into your day while using your camera.
- Daily Focus Word to photograph -- 30 daily prompts with a new word for each day
- Weekly focus Photo Idea -- prompts emailed 3x per week for 4 weeks.
- Weekly focus scripture --prompts emailed 3x per week for 4 weeks;